With the situation over the spread of the coronavirus in the UK changing on a daily basis, I would like to provide you with a further update from Pitmans Removal Services.
Our priority continues to be to safeguard the health and safety of our customers, staff and wider business contacts, whilst also ensuring that we can continue to provide you with the best possible customer service.
With this in mind, we have introduced the following key measures within the business to support this including:
Standard health Policy
Whilst carrying out the removal, our crew should ALWAYS:
- Plan for zero contact – call the customer before arriving to ask if doors can be open ready and request they remain in another room for the duration of the job.
- Wash or sanitise your hands before arriving at the property and when you leave.
- Observe the Social Distancing guidelines and keep 2M from others. It will not always be possible to keep 2M from your colleagues. For example, when you are sat in a vehicle together, or when it is required to work in close proximity to ensure safe manual handling. Keep to the 2M rule wherever possible and ensure good ventilation in the vehicle and on sites. The same crews will be kept together wherever practical and there will be a maximum of 2 x crew per vehicle.
- Regularly wipe down frequently touched objects or surfaces such as steering wheel, door handles.
- Use appropriate PPE – the current NHS/PHE (Public Health England) guidance is that they do not recommend the use of face masks or disposable gloves so long as no one has symptoms.
If you choose to use gloves please make sure they are removed immediately after the job, in the correct way, by peeling downwards away from the wrist, turning the glove inside out. Dispose of the gloves and wash or sanitise your hands.
If you choose to use a disposable face mask, make sure you wash or sanitise your hands before removing and only use the ear.